Monday, September 3, 2007

Justifications



Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Who would have thought that this blog thing was going to be so difficult. Anyway, I have been so busy of late that I haven't had much time to write anything on my blog. I started this blog on a whim, and now it is causing me immense amounts of guilt at my general laziness and inability to produce anything...

But, I haven't been that lazy... I've been very busy. Moreover, I have several good topics which I will post in the following month or so. But, I figured I could let everyone know why I have been busy.

Firstly, this week I turned 28. Although none the wiser, I have grown a beard, which I hope lends some gravitas. Anyway, this week my band (The Holy Sea) is heading into the studio to record the follow-up to our critically acclaimed (read: commercial failure) 2000 ep Blessed Unrest. Anyway, the new record is going to be called '5 Easy Pieces for Piano and Guitar' and is being recorded from Sat-Wed at Atlantis Studios, under the watchful eye of Mr David McCluney.

Anyway, the four of us (Dan Hoey/Victor Utting/F. David Bower and myself) have been busily rehearsing and whatnot and are very excited about committing some of our songs to tape. Expect to see it on shelves around January. Edward J. Grug III is doing the artwork, and their should be a video clip to accompany the release.

Anyway, that's my big news for the moment... In the next few weeks I'm going to add some more intellectual posts.

No comments: